Friday, December 20, 2013

This is my final project. Now calm down. I know that you must be pretty taken aback by this work of art. I did this by first creating the original Steve and then a type layer. Each new slide consists of a type layer, and an altered version of the duplicated Steve, except for the last slide which has an image that is entirely Steve's work. Good job Steve. Then in the timeline window I had to make everything shorter so it didn't last so long. To loop it I just made it a looping forever GIF.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This project was actually pretty easy and I didn't have much trouble with it. It mostly consisted of just selecting, dragging, dropping, and then resizing images. The only decision that was completely up to me was really just how I should have the flickering light affect the rest of the room. What I decided to do was just create a white overlay layer and lower its opacity. Then to make the adjusted opacity independent of the adjusted opacities dealing with the animation I just created a duplicate of the layer and then grouped the two together. This tricks Photoshop into thinking that my adjusted opacity is the full opacity. Doing this allowed for the light of the room as a whole to be adjusted in proportion to the adjusted opacities for the copy and pasted key frames for the animation.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I am actually quite happy with how this project turned out. It isn't perfect, but the final outcome has far exceeded my expectations. The collar in particular proved to be the most difficult to figure out how to do. However, once I realized that adding a shadow was extremely helpful it started to look a bit more realistic. Overall, I think I did quite well considering the task that was at hand relative to my skills at photoshop.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

This project I consider to be my most successful. My proudest accomplishment is how I made the wards themselves. They were originally on a reusable shopping bag so I used the magic wand to select everything but the wards and then I deleted those images. Then I selected the wards and filled them with black so they wouldn't have the texture of a wicker shopping bag. What I found most difficult was trying to put everything together to make the whole finished image make sense. It is very easy for things to look out of place, especially for the creator.

Friday, September 27, 2013

   What I found to be the most successful about this project was the fact I was able to successfully apply the vanishing point filter to the words on the wall. This proved to be a great obstacle for me, but with the help of Mr. Cole I was able to overcome it. After I finished the project I realized that I forgot to mask out some of the words that spilled over the door way. This was solved with the combination of the clone stamp too, the dodge/burn tools, and finally I finished it off with the spot healing brush.

Monday, September 16, 2013

The main complaint I have with the outcome of this is that my henna tattoo is not blending at all. The main factor for this was time though because Photoshop and I don't always get along. This definitely could have been better but at least I didn't do the worst.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This project was for the most part pretty simple. Getting the frame in perspective though had to be the hardest part for me. Also, the fact my computer would freeze on me and not save properly didn't exactly help, but in the end I managed to work through it.
My follow up consists of some smoke which came in such a clear image that I didn't even have to adjust any levels to select it, and a lower quality image of a giant fish trying to swallow a diver. The diver I managed to get rid of in the image, but in retrospect that wasted a lot of time because he would have gotten cropped out anyways. Oops. Either way, I managed to incorporate both the perspective part of the project and the channel selection.